Dear Taproom Friend & Baird Beer Enthusiast:
July is the month that we annually release a Baird Beer summer seasonal classic: Cool Breeze Pils. Our beer cellar happens to be brimming with other experimental summer seasonal beers also. Today we are pleased to release one of these: Belgian Strong Pale Ale.
Baird Beer Seasonal Releases:
*Cool Breeze Pils 2012 (ABV 5.5%):
Cool Breeze Pils is Bohemian in style, cleanly malty in body, coquettishly floral in aroma, and crisply dry in its snappy bitter finish. Cool Breeze Pils registers on the imbiber like a fresh ocean breeze does on the perspiring body of a mid-afternoon sunbather. Cool Breeze Pils is unfiltered and re-fermented and naturally carbonated in package where it has undergone an extended maturation. The result, we believe, pays handsome tribute to the glorious history of this storied lager beer style.
Cool Breeze Pils 2012 will be pouring from our Taproom taps beginning Wednesday, July 4. It also is available for immediate release in bottles (360 ml) and kegs to Baird Beer retailers throughout Japan.
*Belgian Strong Pale Ale (ABV 8%):
This Belgian yeast-fermented ale is big in gravity (17.4 Plato), strong in alcohol, and hoppily aromatic (dry-hops include six different European varieties — Kent Golding, Styrian Golding, Spalter, Tettnanger, Hersbrucker and Sazz). The bittering units (IBUs), however, are moderate at 30. This is a remarkably refreshing ale given its strength.
Belgian Strong Pale Ale is available for immediate release — in kegs only.
Upcoming Taproom Events:
*Numazu Fishmarket Taproom 12-Year Anniversary Celebration (Friday-Sunday, July 20-22):
Mark your calendar for what promises to be a fantastic birthday celebration. Weekend celebration highlights include:
- Debut of two special commemorative brews: Fish-Tap 12-Year Summer Ale and Fire in the Belly — Doug’s Red Ale.
- Special food and beer menu with all items priced at 500 yen. We will be selling weekend Baird Beer and food cards with twelve stamps for 5,000 yen (12 beer and/or food items for the price of 10). The cards are valid at the Fishmarket Taproom only during the three-day celebration (July 20-22).
- Saturday and Sunday outdoor BBQ at the brewery (1:00 – 6:00 pm). Chris M will be grilling up burgers, dogs and other treats as well as pouring a variety of specially cellared seasonal brews. Beer and food cards can be used at the outdoor barbecue.
- Baird Brewery Tours: Brewer-guided brewery tours will be held both on Saturday and Sunday at the following times — 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30. Tours are open to all interested patrons.
- CODE reunion concert — 7:00 pm kick-off Saturday evening.
More weekend details will be forthcoming in the next Bulletin.
*Live Irish Music performed by Pat O’Connor and Eoghan O’Sullivan (Wednesday, July 18 at the Bashamichi Taproom and Thursday, July 19 at the Fishmarket Taproom):
Both shows will start at 7:30 pm. There will be a 500 yen music charge — all proceeds going to the musicians. If you enjoy foot-stomping Irish music, you will not want to miss these guys.